Inspired by RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 2 heads cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 (15oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 5 oz bag of fresh baby spinach
- 1 (13.66oz) can coconut milk, full fat
- ½ cup pickled sweet pimento peppers, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the cauliflower florets and boil for 8 minutes, until fork tender. Drain and set aside. Wipe out the pot.
- Return the pot to medium-high heat. Once hot, add a little bit of water to pan, then add onion and garlic. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the curry powder and cauliflower florets and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garbanzo beans, broth, spinach, coconut milk, pimentos, lime juice, salt and red pepper flakes if using. Mix well and reduce to low heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 185 calories, 8g fat, 17g carbohydrate, 4gg sugar, 169mg sodium, 7g fiber, and 8g protein.