2nd Annual Ambassador’s 5K Challenge & Fun Run Sunday, July 29, 2018 Race Start 8:00 AM Watkins Park, Mt. Airy, MD
RUN or WALK!
To Participate in the 5K or Fun Run, simply click on the button below to register.
Thank you for making our First Annual Ambassador’s 5K Challenge a great success! We are working to make our Second Annual Ambassador’s 5K Challenge, on Sunday, July 29th at 8:00AM, an even bigger success AND have the same perfect weather day.
The Ambassador’s 5K course will be the same as last year, but new this year is a 1-mile fun run for all ages! The Fun Run course will be in Watkins Park.
All proceeds will again be donated to the Michael J. Fox Foundation.
A brief bio of my father: Raul Yzaguirre is a local Mt. Airy resident of 40 years with an internationally recognized career in civil rights. From organizing high school walkouts, leading the largest constituency-based Hispanic organization in the nation, receiving numerous awards such as the Aztec Eagle Award from the President of Mexico and the Rockefeller Public Service Award for Outstanding Public Service, and becoming the U.S. Ambassador to the Dominican Republic, the Honorable Raul H. Yzaguirre Sr. has led an influential life. He first noticed a shaking in his thumb in 1999 and was diagnosed with Parkinson’s in 2001.
Become a Sponsor
It is with a hopeful heart that you and your business will support our fundraising efforts to help fund the Michael J. Fox Foundation and the research they are working on to save men and women, like my father, who are struggling with Parkinson’s Disease. If you would like to find out more about the sponsorship opportunities, please click the button to the right. We look forward to a fabulous race day with you and appreciate your time and consideration.
Donate to the Michael J. Fox Foundation
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) accelerates high-impact science through smart risk taking and problem solving with a commitment to urgency and efficiency to help speed a cure for Parkinson’s. Over 10 million people worldwide are living with Parkinson’s Disease, with 60,000 Americans diagnosed per year. While the exact cause of Parkinson’s Disease is unknown, most experts agree that the conditions are caused by a combination of genetic and environmental factors. There is no known standard treatment for Parkinson’s. Treatment for each person is based on his or her symptoms. Living with this disease can be very frustrating for the patient as well as the effects it has on their family.
Sell Your Wares
We had over 150 attendees at our 1st Annual Ambassador’s 5K and are expecting to more than double that number this year! Swift Arrow Events & Marketing is helping us make our event even better and a great opportunity to promote your business! VENDOR SPACE
- Each vendor is allowed a “parking space” and must provide their own coverage, signs, tables and other necessary equipment.
- No power is provided.
- Vendors may use a generator rated “quiet”.
SET UP/BREAK DOWN
- Set Up is limited to the hours of 5:30 am-6:30 am. All non-vending vehicles must be removed from the vendor area no later than 6:30 am.
- 1 reserved parking spot close to grounds will be made available to each vendor.
- Break Down may not begin until 10:30 am.
- No vehicles will be allowed on the grounds until 10:30 am
All vendors are responsible for placing their waste in the trashcans provided. RESTRICTIONS
- Vendors are required to be open during the duration of the festival.
- Booths must be neat, attractive and well maintained.
- Signage with clear visible pricing is required.
- Only the company/group or individual listed on the application may be vending at the assigned site.
- Vendors are responsible for all applicable sales tax insurances and liabilities.
- No alcoholic beverages may be distributed by anyone but approved festival sponsors.
- Vendor Fee – $25.00 per spot
We need lots of volunteers to make our event successful and were very lucky to have so many generous offers of time and talent last year! If you can help with any of these tasks, please click on the volunteer button. We will gladly approve community service hours!
- course marshals
- water station attendees
- registration table volunteers
- set up help
- clean up help
- parking lot attendees
- sidewalk chalk artists
- musicians along course (sans electricity)