3rd Annual Ambassador’s 5K Challenge & Fun Run
Sunday, August 4th, 2019
Race Start 8:00 AM
Watkins Park, Mt. Airy, MD
To Participate in the 5K or Fun Run, simply click on the button below to register.
We are looking forward to the Third Annual Ambassador’s 5K Challenge on Sunday, August 4th at 8:00AM!
The Ambassador’s 5K course will be the same as last year, including both a 5K and a 1-mile fun run for all ages! The Fun Run course will be in Watkins Park.
All proceeds will again be donated to the Michael J. Fox Foundation.
A brief bio of my father: Raul Yzaguirre is a local Mt. Airy resident of 40 years with an internationally recognized career in civil rights. From organizing high school walkouts, leading the largest constituency-based Hispanic organization in the nation, receiving numerous awards such as the Aztec Eagle Award from the President of Mexico and the Rockefeller Public Service Award for Outstanding Public Service, and becoming the U.S. Ambassador to the Dominican Republic, the Honorable Raul H. Yzaguirre Sr. has led an influential life. He first noticed a shaking in his thumb in 1999 and was diagnosed with Parkinson’s in 2001.
It is with a hopeful heart that you and your business will support our fundraising efforts to help fund the Michael J. Fox Foundation and the research they are working on to save men and women, like my father, who are struggling with Parkinson’s Disease. If you would like to find out more about the sponsorship opportunities, please click the button below. We look forward to a fabulous race day with you and appreciate your time and consideration.
Swift Arrow Events & Marketing is helping us make our event even better and a great opportunity to promote your business!
- Each vendor is allowed a “parking space” and must provide their own coverage, signs, tables and other necessary equipment.
- No power is provided.
- Vendors may use a generator rated “quiet”.
SET UP/BREAK DOWN
- Set Up is limited to the hours of 5:30 am-6:30 am. All non-vending vehicles must be removed from the vendor area no later than 6:30 am.
- 1 reserved parking spot close to grounds will be made available to each vendor.
- Break Down may not begin until 10:30 am.
- No vehicles will be allowed on the grounds until 10:30 am
All vendors are responsible for placing their waste in the trashcans provided. RESTRICTIONS
- Vendors are required to be open during the duration of the festival.
- Booths must be neat, attractive and well maintained.
- Signage with clear visible pricing is required.
- Only the company/group or individual listed on the application may be vending at the assigned site.
- Vendors are responsible for all applicable sales tax insurances and liabilities.
- No alcoholic beverages may be distributed by anyone but approved festival sponsors.
- Vendor Fee – $25.00 per spot
- course marshals
- water station attendees
- registration table volunteers
- set up help
- clean up help
- parking lot attendees
- sidewalk chalk artists
- musicians along course (sans electricity)